Air Medevac Insurance
Thousands of Americans and Canadians travel to Mexico every year for different reasons. Some live in this beautiful country, some come for holidays, some for medical treatments and some for business purposes. Regardless of the reason for visiting, air medevac insurance is as important as your passport.
Novamar Insurance has worked along with SkyMed to make this unique product available for purchase directly through the Novamar Insurance websites. From a $6 USD per day plan to a $299 USD annual plan and much more, SkyMed and Novamar Insurance have the best possible Air Evacuation service options for you.
SkyMed is a membership program designed for Americans and Canadians traveling more than 100 air miles from home. Memberships are available ranging from 4 days to 5 years. The coverage area is the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii; Canada; the Caribbean; Mexico; Belize; & Costa Rica. Our new Global plan is worldwide.
Air Ambulance companies can charge tens of thousands of dollars for an Emergency Medical Evacuation and have many restrictions. It is important to have air medevac insurance in place before a medical emergency occurs.
SKYMED members pay absolutely NOTHING for an emergency air ambulance; not even a deductible or a co-pay. Everything is paid from the hospital where you are first treated all the way to your receiving hospital back home!
Here's what SkyMed doesn't do!
- We don’t cancel you when you reach a certain age. Your rate never goes up because you age.
- We don’t require annual medical reports for you to qualify for renewal when you reach a certain age.
- We don’t discriminate regarding marital status or sex. Any two adults residing at the same address qualify as a family. READ THE FINE PRINT – many other companies DO.
- We don’t restrict the length of your trips at a certain age.
- We don’t ask you to qualify again regardless of what medical conditions you may acquire in the future. Upon enrollment you are automatically covered for sudden illness and accidents. You DO have to qualify in the beginning & there is a 90 day waiting period for pre-existing conditions; all else is covered from day one. Once enrolled, SkyMed guarantees renewal for LIFE!
Here’s what SkyMed does do!
- We transport you if you suffer a life or organ threatening injury or illness, even a broken hip or a compound fracture. With our “not medically necessary” benefit for transport, which means EVEN IF you can be treated perfectly well where you are first hospitalized, we will still take you home (most programs say “IF YOU CAN’T BE TREATED LOCALLY”...then “TO THE CLOSEST ADEQUATE FACILITY”. SkyMed out performs all assistance companies.
- If one spouse predeceases the other, the surviving spouse/partner or other eligible family member can take over the remaining full years left on a multi-year membership.
- If you are a Mexico resident, you can choose any city in the US or Canada as your transport preference city. If you are a snowbird, then your hometown or closest big city with trauma center is your transport city. SkyMed takes YOU, your traveling companion, your car, motorcycle, boat, minor children, grandchildren, physical remains and even your pets ALL THE WAY HOME!
|Services||Assistance Programs||Credit Cards||SkyMed|
|Coverage From 1st 911 Call for ground ambulance|
|Coverage from 1st 911 Call for helicopter|
|EVAC/Air Ambulance return to home hospital without "Medical necessity by choice of the member"|
|Visitor transport even if you are with your spouse|
|Primary driver disability|
|Coverage at home or within 100 miles of home|
|Guaranteed renewable regardless of future illness or injury|
|Return of vehicles, RV, Vessel, Motorcycle regardless of traveling party capabilities|
|30 days free look|