Filing a Yacht Insurance Claim
Accidents happen, but if you are prepared and have the right insurance in place, filing a yacht insurance claim should not be a stressful process. Our team of experienced insurance professionals have knowledge will help guide you through the claim process.
At Novamar we understand a client feels the most vulnerable when a loss to their yacht or an injury aboard their yacht occurs. The two most important things to remember at the time of loss are; ensure the safety of your guests and take all necessary steps to minimize further damage to your vessel. If there are injuries or serious damage to your vessel, another vessel or other property, immediately call local authorities by VHF or cell phone and report the incident.
The main objective is to stabilize the situation then report the loss to your Insurance company and Novamar as soon as possible to allow us to explain your yacht insurance policy coverage as it relates to the circumstance of your claim.
Necessary Information For Filing a Yacht Insurance Claim
- Number of individuals involved
- Contact information of all involved parties
- Insurance policy information of all involved parties
- Detailed descriptions of watercraft involved
- Photographs of damages
- Contact information of any relevant witnesses
Additional Procedures to Follow if a Loss Occurs:
- Obtain contact information of others involved and take photographs at the scene
- Don't admit responsibility for the injuries or accident
- If requested, provide your insurance company and agent contact information only
To report a loss by phone, please call the insurance company claims department pone number on your Insurance policy or call your agent, Novamar Insurance Group, at (800) 823-2798